Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Pen Right Through - Poem


The last stanza of this poem is one of my all-time favourites!

Photo by János Fehér
 


A Pen Right Through
by Grace Pringle

In my heart they drove a pen,
An act of iteration
To reach a desired end.

Straight through, they struck my heart.
A fire did consume my mind,
Tearing my chest, a flaming dart.

The ink injected,
Coursed through my veins
Controlling and infected.

A damaged passion did ensue,
With a wounded heart,
And a pen right through.

Still the command did call,
And forced me to write,
The story of everything and all.

With pen strokes uncertain,
A wavering mind,
Closed a word-ridden curtain.

Pulling that pen from my chest,
I wrote with that weapon,
A story that will never rest.

Other poems by me:

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty poem Grace! I love it, it really shows off your passion for writing. I want to improve my poetry writing. I stink at making things have rhythm without sounding corny, so I find your work especially excellent as you are able to do just that! I started a blog (on top of my personal tumblr I already use for general stuffs) to keep me motivated in my writing. Feel free to take a look :) Thanks and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One of my favourite things to write on is writing. I have several poems on subject :)
      Rhyming isn't easy :P Sometimes I use this online rhyming dictionary to help me when I am stuck: http://www.rhymezone.com/?loc=bar

      What's the link to your new blog? I'd like to read it.

      Delete
    2. Oops! For some reason I assumed clicking my name would take you there, but it totally didn't xD

      http://stefanienicholas.blogspot.ca

      It's still a work in progress. I have more to add when I'm back at home (I'm at Jordan's mother's house right now) on my own computer. I need to add all of my work to a cloud or something >_>

      Thanks for the link! I'll have to put it in my favourites. It's something I'd like to work on! Rhyming out loud, like if I'm singing, has never bothered me and I can come up with them on the spot. But as soon as I'm writing it down I have no idea what I'm doing, haha.

      Delete
  2. I love this poem. :) I used to write, and this poem made me want to write again. You have true talent. :)

    - Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love knowing that I've inspired someone to write! I need those moments quite often myself to keep my creativity active.
      What kind of writing do you like to do?

      Delete